This role is responsible for supporting the Senior Sales Planner in managing clients and media planning from agencies and direct clients across digital & television platforms. The Sales Planner will also help support the Sales team in developing and retaining existing business for the BBC as an integrated member of the Sales team, ensuring accurate campaign planning and order implementation.
The post is based in Gurgaon and will be reporting to the Senior Sales Planner-India.
Success in this role requires strong planning, organizational and people skills. The ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels both internally and within client / agency businesses is essential for successful performance. Attention to detail and the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure are also key capabilities in this role.
Pre Sales Support
- Support the Senior Sales Planner for all sales proposals, contract and campaign monitoring for all clients
- Respond to advertising briefs from clients and work closely with the wider sales team as required and propose solutions for media plans for onlline and TV campaigns.
- Help research insights and provide required inputs to Senior Sales Planner and sales leads
- Input and update Salesforce leads and opportunities as required and directed
- Develop the reputation as a trusted advisor within the sales team by providing insights on new digital products and the commercial opportunities they present.
- Review inventory availability and inform the sales team on placement options
- Establish relationships with contacts in clients / agencies to facilitate the smooth implementation of campaigns
Media Planning & Implementation
- Ensure campaigns briefs, plans and advertising creatives adhere to sales policy
- Work closely with Ad Operations to set up and launch digital and TV campaigns on time and in line with policy and as per client expectations.
- Manage offline media plan creation
- Manage offline approvals submission
- Manage buyout calendar requests
- Identify correct billing, agency & advertiser accounts
- Input digital orders to Operative
- Upload IO to SharePoint
- Communicate all relevant technical specs to customers and ensure creative assets are delivered to Ad Ops on time for campaign launch
- Coordinate with Ad Ops (as required)
Post Sales Customer Service
- Manage the pre and post transmission reports for final campaign reports and invoicing processes to clients/agencies.
- Check with Ad ops that campaigns have delivered in line with Insertion Orders and agreed KPIs and that revenue is recognised appropriately
- Work with the Sales team to supply regular performance information to clients during campaigns and suggest optimizations to current and future campaigns.
- On request engage directly with Media Agencies and present media plans and campaign performance feedback.
- Follow up with clients / agencies and internal departments to gain feedback on campaigns and address any potential issues or concerns, liaising with respective Sales lead
- Provide performance reports for agencies and the sales team detailing click-through, impression levels, on-schedule indicators etc as and when required
The Sales Planner is required to adopt best practice process as identified from the global sales network of BBC Global News Advertising Sales. The Sales Planner will raise relevant issues requiring approval or conflict resolution with the Director on a needs basis, working independently in support of the sales team.
Key Performance Metrics include:
- Preparation of proposal / pitch content quality
- Accuracy of campaign IOs and Order Entry
- Provide clarity on client objectives in all communication with Ad ops
- On-time delivery of creative assets
- Quality and accuracy of campaign performance reports
- Proactive communication of inventory analysis
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Proficient at PowerPoint & Excel
- Pro-activity and attention to detail with an eye on the big picture
- Enthusiasm for Digital and Technology changes
- Comfortable with numbers
- Collaborative approach
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to prioritise and have multi-tasking abilities
- Attention to detail and highly accurate
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.