Our Sales Service team is undergoing a significant period of growth, and are searching for a Sales Services Executive to identify and support continuous improvement; including process mapping and improvements. This person will provide subject matter expertise in support of the end to end business process, system usage and data flow.
The Sales Services Team works across BBCS’s global distribution business, providing cross-business and cross-regional expertise with the overarching aim to enable and support:
• Continuous improvement
• System implementation and enhancements
• Promotion of best practice
• Process mapping and improvements
• Data governance
• Change management
• System and process training
• Technology or business less projects
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual seeking a rewarding and challenging role in a successful and growing team of likeminded individuals. As the next Sales Services Executive, you’ll have the opportunity to supports activities across a variety of areas including Sales, Technology, Finance and Operations including other Global Sales Delivery teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of the end to end business process, system usage and data flow.
- Provide advice on best practice and corporate policy.
- Identify and support continuous improvement; including process mapping and improvements
- Support Technology / system (eg Rightsline, CMP, Media Morph) / business change / ad hoc projects; work to ensure requirements are properly identified, assessed, validated, tracked, UAT’d and implemented.
- Document training /user guides which supports best practice.
- Provide relevant training and support on business process and system usage for relevant staff across BBCS.
- Ability to support report requests by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of content and sales data, systems and report availability.
- Participate and represent Global Distribution and/or GSD in User Groups and Working Groups across IT Systems, relating to business process, reporting and sales systems. Acts as an advocate on behalf of Global Operations in dealings with the regional sales teams across the world.
- Data / process governance: ability to recognise and trouble-shoot data or process issues; identify root cause, options for resolution and implementation.
- Work closely with Sales teams in order to communicate business priorities and changes to processes, ensuring consistency across regions.
- Work closely with Global Sales Delivery teams (plus other teams within Global Operations) in order to resolve complex issues and promote best practice across end to end processes
- Work closely with Technology teams in order to identify and prioritise requirements for new system implementations, provide insight into business needs and sit on working groups to influence priorities in regard to bugs, change requests and future roadmaps.
The Ideal Candidate
- We’re looking for someone with strong knowledge of programme distribution, media rights, end to end sales processes and an understanding of the Sales system suite.
- You’ll possess the ability to analyse and resolve complex issues, you’ll be an excellent problem solver with a love of thinking analytically.
- We require someone who can support projects involving numerous and varied internal & external stakeholders with differing interests and priorities. You’ll have excellent stakeholder management skills and will be able to work efficiently in an organised manner.
- You’ll be confident with standard Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly grasp new IT systems.
- It is imperative that you possess excellent communications skills. You will have a collaborative approach with the ability to work effectively with leadership and the wider team.
- The right person will have experience of working as part of an IT system, process or change project team within a commercial organisation. You’ll have substantial customer service experience and a proven background in driving process improvement and change.
- And finally, we are looking for an individual with a resilient approach to change and challenging tasks, you’ll have a determination to deliver the department’s long term vision with the ability to display excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Do you feel you could bring this role to life in a new and insightful way? Your way? Apply today to get started.
#youmakethebbcJob ID 36154501872 Date posted 13/09/2022 Location London, England, United Kingdom
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.