We are the driving force behind Britain's innovation and creativity: We produce and sell UK hit TV shows to a wide range of partners around the world, from broadcasters and digital media to streaming services and retail platforms.
If you love our world-class programs like Sherlock, Top Gear and Planet Earth, then this is your chance to help bring these shows to our audience. Here in our office in Cologne, you will take on an essential role in sales to Europe.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to work for a global media company.
- Individual advanced training opportunities and training.
- Dynamic and diverse team with colleagues from all over the world.
- Family-friendly working atmosphere with flexible working hours and home office arrangement.
- The position is part of the Digital Sales team in Cologne and focuses on supporting various multi-territorial partnerships and business areas in the digital space.
- Help to strategically plan and coordinate releases with partners such as Apple, Amazon and Google.
- Editorial and operational support for the BBC Player as a standalone SVOD offering.
- Performance analysis, managing schedules, availability lists, rights checks, presentations and dealing with internal databases and systems such as Salesforce.
- Support of the operative delivery process. Ensuring compliance with delivery deadlines (video, image and promotional material, artwork, metadata, subtitles, etc.).
- Close relationships with our customers on a local level as well as with all relevant internal teams.
- Preparation of on- and off-store campaigns and help with coordination.
The Ideal Candidate
- Enthusiasm and interest in the international TV-movie, documentary and serialised drama industry.
- Administrative work experience in a media company is an advantage.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Enjoying working with content and editorially.
- Excellent MS Office skills (especially Excel) and the ability and affinity to learn new systems and databases.
- Ability to work in a team with a proactive attitude.
- Fluent in English and German is essential. Other foreign languages an advantage.
Please include a cover letter with your application.Job ID 40244434208 Date posted 22/11/2022 Location Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.