The role will support the Head of Digital Programming and lead on the overall creation of the Factual Entertainment genre strategy, as well as oversee individual brand and campaign strategies.
This role will also be responsible for coordinating with senior stakeholders outside of the digital team - including marketing and production - on new business opportunities and priorities that will inform the Factual Entertainment digital genre and AVOD strategies.
- Lead on overall creation of Factual Entertainment genre digital strategy, alongside Head of Digital Programming.
- Take ownership of/oversee strategic projects or campaigns ensuring creative solutions are aligned to strategy & brief – working with the Head of Digital Programming to clearly outline objectives.
- Ensure commercial and business objectives are translated into genre/brand digital strategies.
- Lead genre strategy for ad funded/sponsored content.
- Lead on commercial projects, working closely with the commercial team.
- Editorial oversight of publishing activity across branded digital channels (including Social, Web, YouTube, CRM) ensuring activity is aligned to overall brand and genre priorities.
- Lead on KPI setting, aligning with Head of Digital Programming on genre and department digital objectives.
- Oversee content optimisations and learnings with Senior Exec/Execs.
- Line management responsibility for Exec/Senior Exec, including managing work, mentoring development, monitoring quality and developing personal development plans.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive proven background in content creation and creativity within a digital space.
- Experience building a strategic plan with a digital focus including measurable KPIs.
- Executing against a digital strategy, ensuring that it is delivered to plan.
- Excellent knowledge of digital landscape and experience managing global digital channels (Social, AVOD, Web, CRM).
- Experience of building and engaging online audiences.
- Strong editorial sense and ability to develop content ideas.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to identify improvements.
- Experience working to tight deadlines and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Expertise in data analytics tools and campaign measurement.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience in tracking data trends and implementing test and learn approach.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proactive, collaborative team player, who is keen to grow their knowledge and develop their skills.
- Passion for TV, innovative digital brands and online publishers.
- Willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and to develop skills according to the changing needs of the business.
- Budget management experience.
- Knowledge of the automotive and/or automotive entertainment space is desirable.
#youmakethebbcJob ID 46104013728 Date posted 17/03/2023 Location London, England, United Kingdom
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.