Working for BBC Studios, we are all part of a premium content and production company that inspires global audiences. We are proud to represent some of the world's biggest, most trusted and loved content brands. We bring the best of bold, British storytelling to our region through distributing content to broadcasters, our branded services on subscription platforms and our own local production arm, as well as other commercial partnerships such as live entertainment and licensing.
We're passionate about content. We invest in it, commercialise it and create it.
We’re hiring a Senior Finance Business Partner to join our team on a permanent basis. The purpose of the Senior Finance Business Partner will be to work alongside senior stakeholders to implement organisation strategy to drive transformational growth. We’re looking for someone to take ownership for defining financial objectives, delivering high profile corporate initiatives, and using an evidenced-based approach to identify improvements in the business model and then effectively project manage these improvements with the business. In addition, the Senior FBP will deputise for Head of Finance and/or Finance Director as required.
- Develop long term strategic objectives within Global Markets and lead the delivery of them where appropriate. Aligning plans with the financial resources available.
- Partner with senior business stakeholders and operational teams on complex commercial deals and projects, providing robust and insightful financial modelling and analysis to drive decision making and enhance performance; development of business investment cases through to approval, implementation and post-project review; negotiation support
- A key point of support to Head of Commercial Finance and Finance Director, deliver and support the finance strategy by driving a consistent and rigorous approach to forecast, budget cycles and long term planning across the region.
- Provide line management of a team of finance professionals including recruiting, objective setting, performance management, coaching and developing; driving alignment of the Finance function across the division
- Act as a champion of BBC values and drive continuous improvement across BBC Finance and the business.
- Manage the delivery of high profile corporate and divisional projects from inception through to delivery. Utilise best practice project management techniques to monitor delivery and routinely report to senior stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the Actuals & Reporting team to deliver effective financial management, control and advisory support across Global Markets to optimize business performance; ensure effective governance, risk management and internal compliance processes and controls are in place.
- Work closely with and influence senior management to drive business performance via the provision of objective advice, insight and challenge effectively acting as a catalyst for change.
- Work with members of the wider finance community to deliver improvement and aim to maximise the impact of finance.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all relevant stakeholders. Demonstrate an ongoing understanding of how to maximise matrix structures both for self and others in the finance team
- Support the development and implementation of all financial policies and procedures ensuring that these contain appropriate methodologies, internal controls and processes.
- Ability to apply external industry knowledge, contextualising challenges and changes in the business environment, to understand the relative positioning and strength of BBC Studios’ services/practices.
- Remains informed of changes in the media and broadcast industry, and key third party developments, and impact on BBC Studios’ business
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working closely with and influencing senior stakeholders to drive and deliver business performance via the provision of complex data in an accessible way, objective advice, insight and challenge - effectively acting as a catalyst for change.
- You’re a problem-solver and thrive on developing high quality solutions; you produce output at pace and have strong change management capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to influence senior stakeholders, and provide a leadership style which motivates and inspires a high performance team culture via empowerment of others.
- Experience of working with financial accounting systems and the ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex financial data to a range of audiences.
- Professional accounting qualification ACA, ACCA, CIMA is desirable, but not essential.
- Professional project management qualification (APM, Prince 2 etc) – desirable.
Does this sound like you? Apply today to get started.
#youmakethebbcJob ID 36692213168 Date posted 22/09/2022 Location London, England, United Kingdom
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.