***You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
At BBC Global News, we aim to help people understand the world around them, make informed choices, and take an active part in society and democracy.
BBC StoryWorks is the commercial content studio of BBC Global News. We build on the BBC’s award-winning expertise in creating compelling film and video, thought-provoking written journalism, and innovative digital content, and our instinctive ability to seek out stories that capture audiences’ attention and inspire people across the globe.
We’re looking for creative minds to join the team and develop fresh ideas for smart, innovative content and experiences that will resonate with BBC audiences and help our partners achieve their messaging objectives. Join us and be an essential part of the world’s most trusted news gathering organization.
Purpose of the role
The primary focus of the Executive Producer, Branded Content is to set the strategic & creative vision for BBC StoryWorks Americas branded video content from the creative pitch stage through to the final on-time and on-budget delivery. This role is responsible for the creative and executional excellence of all day-to-day video productions and operations.
The Executive Producer, Branded Content will ensure our branded video content adheres to the highest BBC standards of innovative storytelling, production quality, and editorial compliance. These productions include branded content videos, custom advertising content (TVC) and video assets associated with the sponsorship of editorial content created by the BBC Global News and Studios editorial teams.
- Collaborate with the content strategy team to pitch custom branded video ideas and programs in response to client RFPs
- Determine the feasibility, scope, and budgets of creative concepts
- Formally present branded video concepts to clients and stakeholders
- Build and maintain detailed project timelines in Monday.com
- Proactively communicate status updates to clients and stakeholders
- Commission, select, and onboard video production partners
- Negotiate rates and contracts with third party vendors and on-air talent
- Supervise on-site video shoots to ensure adherence to creative vision, client needs, and BBC quality standards
- Maintain all project legal documentation and contracts
- Forecast, track, and reconcile all production-related expenses
- Foster and maintain client relationships through exceptional service
- Develop a diverse network of trusted production collaborators
- Act as a leader within StoryWorks, helping to educate the internal and external stakeholders on video production best practices and processes
- Serve as a mentor to junior-level talent
Scope And Impact
- Be active in every part of the branded video content process, from pitching concepts to creative oversight to delivering final assets
- Elevate the visual storytelling by exploring new approaches, challenging conventions, and inspiring curiosity in others
- Streamline operational processes and implement best practices
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
- Agile mindset and dedicated to continuous improvement
- Great sense of humor, inspiring, curious, and self-motivated
- Ability to both collaborate with a team and work independently
- 8+ years in production at an agency, production company or similar environment
- Experience with managing client relationships, external partners, and internal teams
- Examples of conceptual thinking, content pitching, and creative storytelling, preferably with branded video content
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to build trusted working relationships with clients and internal stakeholders by actively listening, anticipating needs, and using others-focused communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, risk-assess, prioritize, and problem solve
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate detailed information in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to create a clear editorial thread for branded content across all platforms
- Thorough knowledge of branded content industry trends, innovations, and competitors
Compensation information: $70,000-$110,000. Dependent on experience & market conditions.
**This range is not inclusive of a comprehensive bonus, flexible, hybrid working schedule and comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: 100% BBCS covered medical and dental insurance for employees and their dependents, vision, competitive 401(k) match, mental health, gym reimbursement, pet insurance, commuter benefits.Job ID 38755150848 Date posted 01/12/2022 Location New York, New York, United States
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.