***You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
At BBC Global Digital News & Streaming, (a team situated within BBC Studios, the commercial arm of the BBC) we aim to help people understand the world around them, make informed choices, and take an active part in society and democracy. As we expand our footprint to meet increasing demand for our style of quality and impartial journalism and unscripted content in North America, we are seeking motivated, passionate, high performing individuals across a variety of skillsets to join our global team. Our primary locations are New York, Washington DC, and London, though as a distributed workforce we are open to applicants in any location where the BBC has a commercial presence.
Join us and be an essential part of one of the world’s most recognized brands and trusted news organizations.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Business Intelligence & Yield Manager based in New York, with a focus on Pricing & Yield across the Americas business.
- Media Plans – Assists with media plan approval process with a focus on pricing and inventory
- Inventory Analysis – Provides inventory updates frequently and monthly inventory auditing
- Reporting – Provides support on insights on sell-through and rates on all direct and programmatic opportunities to find areas of growth and need
- Data – Helps with co-ordination of 1st-party and 3rd-party data to help provide optimization suggestions/additions to better performance and help advertisers reach key marketing objectives on the BBC site
- Analytics – Updates data for regional Business Intelligence dashboards
- Programmatic – Provides frequent updates on programmatic revenue performance for regional offices in the Americas
Scope & Impact
- Help support Pricing & Inventory management as well as the end to end process within the ad sales department, including but not limited to:
- RFP stage
- plan approvals
- GAM management
- Support Programmatic operations
- Ensure accurate reporting and a flawless, high quality advertising experience for all stakeholders and clients.
The Ideal Candidate
As a global business, diversity, equity, and inclusion among team members is essential to our success. We therefore encourage highly skilled candidates from traditionally under-represented groups to submit their applications, even if they don’t check absolutely every box on our list of desired work experience.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required, or in place of a degree, 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Interest in data analytics and media advertising
- Strong Excel and analytical skills preferred
- 1-2 years in the Advertising & Media industry
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Engages with team members in the creative process to test ideas and generate new thinking to build into account and opportunity plans
- Develops and maintains a network of internal contacts to exchange technical and campaign information
- Links and aligns their activity to support the achievement of overall team objectives
- Builds on the contributions of team members and facilitates dialogue between other colleagues when working on a team
- Displays enthusiasm and confidence in the successful outcome of tasks and projects
- Responds to requests promptly and positively
- Reacts quickly and calmly when plans go astray and takes charge to get things back on track
- Sets themselves high work standards and works to continuously improve on them
- Is receptive to new ideas and approaches
- Works problems through to resolution on their own initiative
- Manages multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Supports and provides details on campaigns to ad sales teams
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical and Dental Insurance (PPO plans)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible, Hybrid Working Arrangements
- Work/life balance
- Free Retirement Consulting to All Employees
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Reimbursement
- Bagel Mondays, Thirsty Thursdays, and more!
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $40k to $55k. This range does not include or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.