***You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
As a Sales Delivery Coordinator on the BBC Studios Learning Team, this individual will be responsible for contributing to our annual sales goals by completing research projects from a variety of clients in the education marketplace. This individual must work well in a team situation and be extremely flexible as the nature and scope of this job requires multitasking and meeting deadlines on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the execution of daily client research tasks including researching content in multiple databases, rights clearing content, and submitting research to clients in a timely fashion
- Identify relevant video segments, contributors, locations or archive material etc. collate and assess information from various sources, and ensure that legal, compliance and copyright requirements are met
- Handle a variety of projects with competing deadlines and time demands
- Maintain clear project & scheduling documentation
Digital abilities in video, stills, file formatting, and media management systems
- Responsible for producing invoices through SAP for all processed jobs
- Administrative tasks such as pulling reports, maintaining lists, etc.
Scope & Impact
- Responsible for maintaining the Media Asset Management system by adding/removing content as needed, tagging content with proper metadata and ensuring the content is catalogued in a well-organized manner
- Track rights and usage for all projects and recording this information in our database
- Work closely with the Senior Project Manager and Sales Delivery Coordinators to ensure client deadlines are met
- Communicate with client on project needs, status, and feedback
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Research experience is a plus
Knowledge & Skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, or other editing software desired
- Organizational, data entry and spreadsheet skills in Excel and Filemaker Pro or other customer databases a plus
- College Degree in Media Studies, Communication, or Film/Video Production preferred
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.