***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
As a member of the BBC Studios Americas Human Resources team, the Manager, Talent Acquisition will partner closely with employees of all levels to understand their business needs and match them with talent. Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the role will focus on attracting, identifying, and securing top talent through full-cycle talent acquisition. In addition to managing open requisitions, the Talent Acquisition Manager will proactively build long term talent pipelines, recommend sourcing strategies, and partnerships to help create more diverse pipelines.
- Lead talent acquisition for BBC in the Americas from end to end, advising in role marketing strategy, job design, compensation, evaluation of candidates, interview techniques and processes
- Support, train and coach team members (one associate) on implementing BBCS Americas talent acquisition processes to support inclusive hiring strategy
- Proactively expand candidate network and post reach, specifically with diversity-focused networks
- Manage Careers Hub (internal ATS) job templates and candidate questionnaires, including development and maintaining
- Prepares and analyzes data reports on prospective candidates and new hires, making recommendations for how to optimize process
- Partner with hiring manager to build ideal candidate profile, educate them on the recruitment process, and ensure they follow standard policy throughout the process, flagging any issues that are perceived risks or concerns in a timely manner to the VP, Human Resources
- Sourcing candidates and screening applications for qualified candidates that fit ideal candidate profile; proactively identifying new sources and taking initiative to expand candidate reach
- Extend and negotiate verbal and written offers
- Attend external career fairs or events to build talent pipeline as needed
- Assist with special projects and reports as needed
The Ideal Candidate
- Flexibility and open mind
- Emotional intelligence and self awareness; desire to learn and grow
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Sharp attention to detail, constantly double checks their work and holds themselves accountable to work with minimal errors
- Proactively educates themselves on policies and HR best practices that are applicable to their role. Identifies and communicates areas for further development and training
- Strong work ethic that is consistently exhibited in attitude, personal drive, and self-learning
- Self-motivated with results-oriented approach to daily tasks and responsibilities
- Healthy sense of urgency and passion for helping to grow a business and best in class HR function
- Business savvy and the ability to respond quickly to ever-changing situations
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize tasks from multiple stakeholders
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to synthesize findings and present in a concise manner
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Ability to create and implement new talent acquisition sourcing strategies
- Ability to increase process efficiency and recommend new processes and systems
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- 5-7 years of experience in talent acquisition, media industry preferred
- Proficient in ATS systems and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Education or equal work experience in Business or Human Resources preferred
- Strong track record handling full-cycle recruitment
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical and Dental Insurance (PPO plans)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible, Hybrid Working Arrangements
- Work/life balance
- Free Retirement Consulting to All Employees
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Reimbursement
- Bagel Mondays, Thirsty Thursdays, and more!
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $50k to $100k. This range does not include or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.