To support the delivery of sales across the business and across a number of key functions and sharing activity across a multi-location Asia team. This role is part of the Asia Sales Operations function which supports all of the Asia business (South Korea and Japan, India and South Asia, South East Asia,)
Accountable for executing the daily workflows for servicing client and internal stakeholders, using an extensive knowledge and understanding of all systems used by sales teams. With training, be able to use different internal sales, delivery and metadata software
- Account Management and Deal Support:
- Accurate management and processing of sales into our systems, ensuring all deal data is accurately translated into the various systems including rights and terms granted, content and financials.
- Ensure contracts are understood and accurately keyed into appropriate systems to enable invoicing, contributor and 3rd party payaways, reporting and to ensure the Rights Availability tool remains accurate.
- Coordinate the handover of the sale, on conclusion of deal negotioations, to the Deal Management Team and Global Operations; ensure contracts are filed and a smooth transition of the deal to post sales support.
- Assist in onboarding new client specifications and platform audits
- Aware of the sales pipe-line and distribute appropriate marketing information to clients in the territory - catalogues, brochures and other relevant publicity, prepare specific presentation for sales pitches as required by the sales team and liaise with Marketing Team on direct marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with the Deal Management Team and Global Operations Team to ensure new and existing clients are configured and have access to sales related systems and tools (eg ICP portal).
- Other sales administrative tasks as necessary to support the team.
- Rights Management: Supporting sales by performing rights checks, maintaining rights data, and providing a service to Sales teams relating to rights availability and contributor costings
- Invoicing: Generating customer invoicing based on contracts or deal memos, into a variety of systems to trigger downstream events and activities
- Relationships: Liaise with various internal business partners including Programming, Sales, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Global Operations and others to obtain all information and associated metadata required to fulfill content licensing across Digital and Linear clients
The Ideal Candidate
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the sales processes:
- Pre-sales processes including rights checking, customer set up, credit checking and other pre-sales processes
- Post-sales process from contract signature to fulfilment, including operational workflows and processes.
- Good understanding of financial processes, including income recognition rules, credit control policy, financial systems and auditing requirements.
- Excellent organisational skills and good communication skills:
- ability to handle a number of continuing, business-critical processes simultaneously whilst working to deadline
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to present complex information clearly to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience within the television and digital platform industry is essential
- Experience in a consumer-facing business is essential
- Experience in a regional or global role is desirable
- Interest in and understanding of programme and contributor intellectual property rights will be an advantage
- Strong MS Office skills
Job ID 35742499184 Date posted 06/09/2022 Location Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.