Based in Singapore and reporting to the Senior Production Manager, APAC (Singapore), this role is responsible for the project management, resource planning, allocation of work, tracking and delivery of promotional and marketing assets produced within the BBC Studios Creative, APAC team and is key to ensuring we deliver world class creative solutions to all our stakeholders, clients and partners in Asia.
Further responsibilities include managing and scheduling in-house creative resources including promo creatives, graphic designers, audio and online facilities as well as project tracking, project management and time-reporting, resource planning, asset delivery, music reporting and overall accountability for the efficient use of in-house resources and the delivery of assets to deadline and within budget.
- Responsible for the management of creative projects, on-air and social assets in Asia.
- Responsible for planning creative and post-production schedules, updating and amending bookings and driving the creative process to maximise efficiency.
- Responsible for input, maintenance and tracking of projects in creative resource management software (Monday.com).
- Accountable for ensuring all required assets and resources are available for each project and manage complete project logistics.
- Responsible for the creation and management of project timelines and workflows for promos, marketing campaigns, social, digital, brand reels etc.
- Review workflows and processes to identify efficiencies and implement change.
- Supervise and ensure final asset quality including proof reading copy.
- Source external facilities and vendors in Singapore and maintain up-to-date contacts and relationships with external vendors.
- Seek timely and effective resolution to any production issues and escalate any continual issues to departmental heads.
- Organise and book freelancers and external vendors when required and ensure all necessary administration is completed including all HR requirements and projects are allocated and prepped accordingly.
- Raise Purchase Orders using SAP (S4HANA) and track and reconcile expenditure with Senior Production Manager, APAC.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of on-air broadcast production and technical standards.
- Knowledge of off-air marketing production and specifications – including social, print, outdoor, digital
- Knowledge of current broadcast rules, regulations and guidelines (Copyright, Data protection, public liability etc) across Asia.
- Basic budgeting and financial skills.
- Awareness of music copyright and licensing for broadcast, social, off-air – eg. Radio, Cinema
- Knowledge and experience of post-production and tapeless workflows.
- Skills in both verbal & written communication.
- Able to demonstrate ability to use initiative & problem-solve.
- Resourcefulness & the ability to troubleshoot.
- IT skills, and knowledge of relevant computer programs.
- Excellent organisational abilities.
Meet our people
We're people like Andy Fernandez
Andy, who brings a fresh look and approach to every project as a Senior Producer in Singapore.
"My career in TV production began in Bombay back in 1994 and five years later I moved to a cable and satellite television network in Singapore. I fell in love with the city and have been here ever since. I did spend a few months with a production house, but broadcast has always been my thing. Nine years ago I joined BBC Worldwide as a Producer and I haven't looked back, continually developing my broadcast skills and growing my career."
"What I really enjoy about my job is that I have both production and management responsibilities: I'm involved in producing promotional videos, mainly for On Air but also for Sales and Marketing, but I also guide and direct creative decisions and oversee the team's workflow. The opportunity to work with premium, quality-based programming on a daily basis is all the motivation you need, and I try to bring a fresh look and approach to every project – I really put my heart and soul into every job, staying positive even when things don't go so well. I also enjoy the working culture. There's mutual respect throughout the whole team and I'm always learning from others."
We're people like Chris Cole
Chris, whose entrepreneurial talents enable him to brainstorm ideas and fight fires as Executive Vice President, Strategic Partnerships/Projects in New York.
"Before I joined BBC Worldwide, I spent 14 years as an executive producer and a year as part of the BBC's commissioning team. This involved working with both in-house and independent productions in the USA and UK, and delivering science and natural history projects across BBC channels. It's great to compliment and use that experience in the commercial world. My role has allowed me to develop my interests in factual entertainment, and with BBC Worldwide, you're guaranteed great content, a great brand and great people – all rolled up into one organisation."
"I'm responsible for developing and driving strategic business growth for our factual content in North America including sales, co-productions and front list SVOD. It's about being positive, creative and entrepreneurial, and there's a lot to my role from supporting my team to brainstorming ideas on how to get the best deal done. I talk to clients, solve problems, fight fires... and generally make stuff happen! If I were to pick one highlight from my three years here, it would be negotiating a new co-production output deal with the Public Broadcasting Service in America to support the BBC's pipeline of great factual content."
We're people like Orlando Turner
Orlando, whose role as an AV Systems Engineer has allowed him to learn from the best talent in the industry.
We're people like Ellie Pullan
Ellie, a Programming Executive on the Digital Children’s team, who helps to facilitate various teams' KPIs through supporting digital-first campaigns.
We're people like Jay Jaxon
Jay, who's a problem-solver extraordinaire as Operations Director in Miami.
"Operations in Miami provides end-to-end support to our Latin America region. That means ensuring our content is secure and our people are safe, providing playout and distribution to our channels business, creating cost-efficient, sustainable and reliant workflows to the sales content team - and anything else the region needs. You can imagine how much of my day is spent solving problems; it really keeps me on my toes."
"I started in live events before moving into the music business as an audio engineer. I then moved into TV and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been witness to some fascinating changes as we've moved from tape to tapeless, from tapeless to file-based environments, from linear TV to non-linear and video on demand platforms."
"I decided to develop my career on the Operations side of the business and I've been at BBC Worldwide for two and a half years now. I've been fortunate to be able to build an incredible team around me, the people here really are first class. While I might have been around a bit I'm still learning, particularly on developing my leadership skills and technical knowledge."
We're people like Rosie Thomas
Rosie, whose favourite part of her job as a Producer of Green Planet is the opportunity learn and travel.